Export Data Using Google Takeout
Export a copy of content in your Google Account to back it up or use it with a service outside of Google.
Google Takeout exports your data from your Google account to a zip file that can be downloaded to your computer, external hard drive or USB Flash Drive. The zip file can then be uploaded to your new Google account. To transfer just email and drive data, refer to the Google Takeout Transfer tutorial.
1. Go to takeout.google.com
2. Sign-in using your Edmonds College previous EdMail address and password
3. Select the items you would like to backup [Select All or individual Google products]. At the least, backup Mail, Drive, sites, photos, calendar, and contacts
4. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the Next step button
5. Choose your preferred delivery method, frequency, and preferred exported file type & size. If you are unsure, keep the default settings of send download link via email, export once, .zip, and 2gb file size and then click on Create export
6. You will receive a message like the one below. Depending on how much data you are backing up, the process can take possibly hours or days to complete. You’ll receive an email when your export is done.
7. When the process is complete, you should receive a total of two emails from Google. Open the email with the subject title of Your Google Data is ready to download.
8. Click Download your files
9. Click Download. NOTE: Your archive backup is only available for seven days on Google’s servers so you will need to download this file within this timeframe. Usually 7 days.
Use Google Takeout
- Document Link: How to export your Google account data using Google Takeout