Resize an Image on Microsoft Office Products
Sometimes your pictures may make your file too big to upload. Learn how to reduce the size of the picture-included file without changing its file type.
1. Open the file you need to edit and select the picture that needs to be resized.
2. An extra purple tab called “Picture Tools” will appear. Click the tab and then click “Compress Picture” option. (a .docx file is used for this example)
3. When the dialogue box pops up, reduce the ppi to reduce the photo size.
Note: Each output is suitable for different outcomes.
4. Try different options until you get satisfactory file size. Then click “OK” and save the file.
- If your window is small, the word “Compress Picture” may be omitted, leaving a small icon.
- Microsoft Office Picture Manager also has the function: open the picture with Picture manager: first, click “edit picture” or just hit “Alt + i”; second, click “Compress Picture” on the right-side bar.