How to Password Protect a Document (MS Office)
Learn how to protect a document using a password to help prevent unauthorized access. The example illustrated uses Office 2013.
1. Open the document that you would like to protect.
2. Click the file tab in the top left corner.
3. Click Info.
4. Click Protect Document, and then click Encrypt with Password.
5. In the Encrypt Document box, type a password, then click OK.
Note: Passwords are case-sensitive. Take notice whether your CAPS LOCK is turned off or on.
6. In the Confirm Password box, retype the password and click OK.
Note: If you lose or forget a password, Word cannot recover your data.
7. After confirming the password, your document should be protected.
To remove the password
Follow steps 2 - 4, and in the Encrypt document box, simply select the password and delete it then click “OK” button
- Article Link: Password-Protect a Document (Windows)
Thank you for your feedback!