Extract or Compress Files on a Mac
Learn how to extract or compress single or multiple files on a Mac computer.
1. Right-click or CTRL + click on the file you would like to compress. If you have multiple files, first hold the Command key while selecting each intended file. You can also click and drag with the mouse in order to select an assortment of files.
2. Find the “Compress” filename option and select it.
3. You have now successfully compressed a file and are ready to learn how to decompress a file in the next step.
4. Double click the file you want to extract.
5. The file will automatically be decompressed by Archive Utility into the same folder the compressed file is in.