How to Force Quit an Application on a Chromebook
Learn how to force quit an application on a Chromebook. This could be useful if the intended program is unresponsive or causing issues with the device.
1. Locate and open the Chrome browser in the application dock at the bottom of the screen.
2. Access the Chrome browser settings menu which looks like three dots stacked on top of each other located at the top-right of the screen.
3. Select More tools in the menu.
4. Click on the Task manager
5. Select the process or program that you wish to force quit and click End process on the bottom right of the screen.
6. If this is a program that your Chromebook finds important, your Chromebook will prompt you to restart the app via a pop-up at the bottom right of the screen.