How to Turn On Caps Lock on a Chromebook
Learn how to turn on the Caps Lock feature on a Chromebook.
1. Press both the Alt + Search keys located on the left side of the keyboard. (the magnifying glass or Assistant icon), it should be located in place of where you'd normally find a Caps Lock key. You'll see a pop-up that will alert you that Caps Lock is now enabled.
- To disable Caps Lock press the shift key, which is located below the magnifying glass.
- Alternatively, you can also tap Alt + Search to turn Caps Lock off.
Optional: You may also assign the Search key to Caps lock; replacing it.
1. Open the Settings menu by clicking the system tray in the bottom right of the screen, then click the gear icon.
2. In the menu, scroll down to the Device section and choose Keyboard.
3. A new menu will expand and show several options for button remapping, including Search, Ctrl, Atl, Caps Lock, Escape, and Backspace. To change the Caps key to a Search key, simply select Search from the dropdown box next to the Caps Lock entry.
Now your search key will activate the caps lock.
- Article Link: Turn on Caps Lock Chromebook