Find answers to your Canvas questions
How to Set Preferred Email in Canvas
Set your preferred email address in Canvas in order to ensure that you receive Canvas-related email notifications. These include:
- Assignment due dates
- Class announcement
- Grade notifications
2. Click on Account
3. Select Settings
4. Review the primary email address listed. If this is already your preferred email address, you're all set! If not, proceed to step 5
5. Click on the link, ‘+ Email Address’
6. Enter your preferred email address, and click on the Register Email button
7. A message will popup stating that a confirmation email has been sent to the email you just registered
8. Open the email account you registered and locate an email from Edmonds College Canvas titled, Confirm Email: Canvas. Open this email
9. In this message, click on the link, Click here to confirm this registration
10. You will be redirected back to Canvas and see a confirmation popup at the top of the page:
11. On the left, click on Settings
12. On the right, review the new email address you added. Click on the star icon to set it as the preferred email address for your Canvas account.
Done! You have confirmed and added a new preferred email address for your Canvas account.
Thank you for your feedback!